I actually paid for two hotel rooms this week. The Hyatt Regency in DC and now the Savannah Four Points at the Savannah Airport. Both purchases made logistical sense or I wouldn’t have done it. I hate paying for hotels.
$78 for the Hyatt worked out great as we got a night towards the FFN promo and the Four Points stay will actually save me money. It costs $8 per day for economy parking a t SAV airport and the Four Points lets us park for free. 11 nights at 8 bucks is about the same as the cost of the room, we pick up a few points and get an extra hours sleep on the 1st, our big travel day to Hawaii.
I really wanted to use a Marriott property as it would give me 46 nights towards Gold and with the 4 nights in Hawaii maybe posting I could hit the magic 50 mark to renew my status. A friend of a friend and blog reader knows somebody at the Kauai Marriott and is trying to secure us an upgrade and hopefully a posting of our stay, although it is Priceline. Thank you Sally, if you are successful. If it posts as a four night stay, I promise I’ll sneak in another Marriott stay before the year is over.
Unfortunately the Marriott’s shuttle does not operate until 6 AM and our flight is at 6:49. The Four Points shuttle starts at 4:30 AM.
Too bad Savannah Airport Marriott properties. You should accomodate your airport’s early flights.
Closest to without going past the following times:
7AM Continental Drink coupon
8AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
9AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
10AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
Thanks Bill and Brenda from Houlton, Maine for the club passes and my bride Katybug for the Drink coupon
Make Sure YOU read yesterday’s blog post
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)