I actually paid for two hotel rooms this week. The Hyatt Regency in DC and now the Savannah Four Points at the Savannah Airport. Both purchases made logistical sense or I wouldn’t have done it. I hate paying for hotels.
$78 for the Hyatt worked out great as we got a night towards the FFN promo and the Four Points stay will actually save me money. It costs $8 per day for economy parking a t SAV airport and the Four Points lets us park for free. 11 nights at 8 bucks is about the same as the cost of the room, we pick up a few points and get an extra hours sleep on the 1st, our big travel day to Hawaii.
I really wanted to use a Marriott property as it would give me 46 nights towards Gold and with the 4 nights in Hawaii maybe posting I could hit the magic 50 mark to renew my status. A friend of a friend and blog reader knows somebody at the Kauai Marriott and is trying to secure us an upgrade and hopefully a posting of our stay, although it is Priceline. Thank you Sally, if you are successful. If it posts as a four night stay, I promise I’ll sneak in another Marriott stay before the year is over.
Unfortunately the Marriott’s shuttle does not operate until 6 AM and our flight is at 6:49. The Four Points shuttle starts at 4:30 AM.
Too bad Savannah Airport Marriott properties. You should accomodate your airport’s early flights.
Closest to without going past the following times:
7AM Continental Drink coupon
8AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
9AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
10AM One Person One Day Delta Crown Room Club Pass
Thanks Bill and Brenda from Houlton, Maine for the club passes and my bride Katybug for the Drink coupon
Make Sure YOU read yesterday’s blog post
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95