The promo code is included and the savings show at booking. I am receiving 3150 Delta miles for one day rentals that total $29.34 on weekends.
I started with this Saturday as we need a car and I’ll pick one up after golf while Katy heads off to a retreat with the Mustang. The return time is 2PM Sunday when she picks me up and gets her own at the same price of $29.34.
It appears, at least at Hilton Head Airport, that Friday, Saturday and Sunday pickups work at the weekend rate.
When we did the Suntrust Bank Debit card deal, we potentially had earnings of 30K or 60K (the jury is still out), it made sense to up the mileage to 35K for a Caribbean redemption. Katy had a stray 8K so the extra rentals will help round things up for her as well.
And at under 1 cent per mile, we won’t make a big killing, but will be able to round up to the next award level at a reasonable price no matter how big the Suntrust deal turns out.
Here is my suggestion:
Check out the rental rates at your local airport. It could be a decent way to round up, or if you are really adventurous earn a reward at under or around 1 cent per mile.
PS: The link shows this available for Delta Medallion members only, but Katy’s receipt shows 3150 miles and many others have reported for months receiving the bonus.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)