The promo code is included and the savings show at booking. I am receiving 3150 Delta miles for one day rentals that total $29.34 on weekends.
I started with this Saturday as we need a car and I’ll pick one up after golf while Katy heads off to a retreat with the Mustang. The return time is 2PM Sunday when she picks me up and gets her own at the same price of $29.34.
It appears, at least at Hilton Head Airport, that Friday, Saturday and Sunday pickups work at the weekend rate.
When we did the Suntrust Bank Debit card deal, we potentially had earnings of 30K or 60K (the jury is still out), it made sense to up the mileage to 35K for a Caribbean redemption. Katy had a stray 8K so the extra rentals will help round things up for her as well.
And at under 1 cent per mile, we won’t make a big killing, but will be able to round up to the next award level at a reasonable price no matter how big the Suntrust deal turns out.
Here is my suggestion:
Check out the rental rates at your local airport. It could be a decent way to round up, or if you are really adventurous earn a reward at under or around 1 cent per mile.
PS: The link shows this available for Delta Medallion members only, but Katy’s receipt shows 3150 miles and many others have reported for months receiving the bonus.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95