FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
News Media Contact:
Hanser & Associates (for megabus.com)
Megabus.com offers 100,000 free seats to stimulate travel in 2010
NEW YORK (Dec. 8, 2009) – Megabus.com, the first city-to-city, express bus service offering fares as low as $1, today announced it is offering 100,000 free seats for travel Jan. 6 to March 20, 2010. Customers can begin booking today.
The free seats will be available on megabus.com during the Jan. 6 to March 20 travel period. Travelers will need to use the promo code GETAWAY to book their free seats (subject to availability).
“The new year brings promise that our economy is recovering. We are encouraging people to get out and travel,” said Dale Moser, president and COO of megabus.com. “Megabus.com’s low fares make travel affordable every day, but a chance at a free ticket means there’s no reason to stay home.”
Megabus.com amenities include new double-decker buses with free Wi-Fi, reclining seats, power outlets, on-board restrooms and more.
Visit www.megabus.com for additional information on routes, schedules, amenities and fares.
NOTE You Must Click Through to the Application Page to see the Current offer of 15K and No First Year Fee .
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49