What a great 8 days we had in Hawaii. But now back to another island, Hilton Head, and time to move into our new pad. Moving day is the 15th and 16th, my buddy Jeff shows up from Michigan on the 23rd for Christmas and we head off to New Zealand on the 28th. It is a busy time around the Frugal Guy house.
Tonight’s flights are straighter lines then coming out. It is LIH-LAX-ORD-SAV leaving at 9:55 PM. With a First Class seat and an Ambien I’ll sleep until LAX, stagger to the O’hare flight and probably gain consciousness on my way to Savannah, just in time to go to sleep on Eastern time.
I don’t anticipate any bumps, in fact, other than first class, the flights are showing 9′s across the board. Tourism reports show traffic down 11% on Kauai from a year ago and every other island is down as well. Not quite as much, but still down.
BTW I picked up a rental car for two days here for $17 per day or $53 all in from Priceline. Advertised rate was $53 per day, so the car rentals are hurtin’ as well.
And Sally, Thanks again for the room upgrade. Mucho appreciated.
Howie, get ready for a refresher course on Google Docs with me, as we’ll be putting together all the travel cards and sign up bonuses on one page, along with ideas on how to move your business around and diversify, diversify, diversify.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)