What a great 8 days we had in Hawaii. But now back to another island, Hilton Head, and time to move into our new pad. Moving day is the 15th and 16th, my buddy Jeff shows up from Michigan on the 23rd for Christmas and we head off to New Zealand on the 28th. It is a busy time around the Frugal Guy house.
Tonight’s flights are straighter lines then coming out. It is LIH-LAX-ORD-SAV leaving at 9:55 PM. With a First Class seat and an Ambien I’ll sleep until LAX, stagger to the O’hare flight and probably gain consciousness on my way to Savannah, just in time to go to sleep on Eastern time.
I don’t anticipate any bumps, in fact, other than first class, the flights are showing 9′s across the board. Tourism reports show traffic down 11% on Kauai from a year ago and every other island is down as well. Not quite as much, but still down.
BTW I picked up a rental car for two days here for $17 per day or $53 all in from Priceline. Advertised rate was $53 per day, so the car rentals are hurtin’ as well.
And Sally, Thanks again for the room upgrade. Mucho appreciated.
Howie, get ready for a refresher course on Google Docs with me, as we’ll be putting together all the travel cards and sign up bonuses on one page, along with ideas on how to move your business around and diversify, diversify, diversify.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases