Reports on Flyertalk and a partial backorder note lead me to believe that the coins are moving again.
Remember only 2 boxes per President and only one order per address are the rules. But like any government agency, rules don’t always get followed and sometimes you can get more than one shipment to the same address. I have lots of addresses and find that works best for me.
10% Off American Flights from the Soccer Challenge Promo
This promo has been extended and now offers 10% off AA flights booked between now and January 31, 2010 and flown before February 28, 2010. It is good for up to 6 people.
Here is your link to 10% savings
Virgin Atlantic The New Big Bonus Credit Card
I must admit I have not been on top of the latest this past week as I’m lounging in Hawaii for 8 days.
Bank of America and Virgin Atlantic ( “I know nothing Commandant”) are entering the big sign up bonus era. Not as lucrative as the British Airways cards but probably more appealing with a US based carrier to many of you. Spending, extra authorized users and anniversaries push this sign up into the 60,000 mile range. There is a $90 annual fee.
Don’t forget to check your credit score with the appropriate credit reporting agency to make sure you have a chance of receiving an approval for this card. You are looking for scores in the 700+ range.
The key to choosing the right ad from the free trials on the right hand blog column are:
- Go to creditboards.com
- Join creditboards.com
- Go to forums and the creditpulls database forum
- Check which credit reporting agency is used by Bank of America in your home state.
- Use one of my ads on the right hand column for the appropriate credit reporting agency to check your score and number of inquiries.
Informed applicants have a much better success rate than those just randomly applying. And remember you can cancel the credit reporting service within the trial period without fee if you choose to do so.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases