And the turn signal? Not where it is supposed to be either. The window wipers are in that spot. I’ve go the cleanest windows in New Zealand.
Maybe its my medication? I’ve gone from being a Paxil Puppy to Zoloft. They should disclose in the Zoloft ads disclaimers that:
“…tension may occur when driving on the wrong side of the road, the steering wheel is out of place, and the windshield wipers are constantly on.”
Yesterday, we faced a decision. Our Queenstown Lakeside apartment is 7 kilometers from downtown and hunger struck. The bus was $6 each way per person or $24 to head for the heart of the city. Not a frugal choice.
After getting lost, found, lost, found, and safely back to the apartment, I was not interested in any more driving. Not a safe choice for Kiwis on the roads.
The answer was the Frankton Ale House for chicken fingers (quite good), within walking distance. Everybody was a big winner and we lived to see another day.
Seriously, driving on the wrong side is a mental strain and will flat wear you out at times. Go easy, be cautious, and have a good co-pilot on board. After years of driving on the right side, every instinct in your body wants you to cross that center line or make a quick unchecked right hand turn.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95