For some reason there is a bumper crop of seeds from either the birch or willow trees this year. The abundance of seeds has led to an abundance of mice and believe it or not, mice swim! (I had no idea.) It seems that they provide an excellent source of protein for the trout that this year are averaging 3 kilos instead of 1 to 1.5 kilos.
I am not making this up. It has been reported in both the newspapers and on the TV last night. Now that I’m somewhat healthy again and won’t get soaked trying my luck, today or tomorrow may be my big day.
But it sure takes the romance out of eating fresh rainbow trout doesn’t it?
My son Andrew joined up for a few days and you’ll get to see some of his photography skills in the next few days. We are up to Raspberry Creek today to view Mt. Aspiring. The snow capped Southern Alps are in the background the sun is out and I am raring to go.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)