* Offer valid on contributions made online * Minimum donation of $50 required in order to earn bonus miles* Members can earn a one-time bonus up to 500 miles* Promotion dates are January 14 through February 28, 2010* Donation receipts from the American Red Cross forwarded. Miles will post to the member’s AAdvantage account approximately 14 days after the receipts are received. Please check your AAdvantage account on aa.com to verify the award.* The name on the donation receipt must match the name on the AAdvantage account.* You must be an AAdvantage member to receive the bonus miles.* Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.* American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice.* American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.* The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position.
Starwood Preferred Guest
Here, donated points to the Red Cross are transferred to a cash donation by Starwood. 4000 points equals a $50 donation
If you carry their Mastercard a donation of as little as $5 will get 5000 Spirit points enough for a free flight.
18,000 Marriott points equals a $50 Red Cross donation
Note the differences to date
American Airlines is actually rewarding you for making a donation. As pointed out on a Flyertalk thread, the others seems to be reducing their outstanding financial statement liability by charging large numbers of points for a small donation to Red Cross.
I’m certainly not discounting the efforts all will put in here, just suggesting that to date that American Airlines is the leader at this point in doing the next right thing.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)