* Offer valid on contributions made online * Minimum donation of $50 required in order to earn bonus miles* Members can earn a one-time bonus up to 500 miles* Promotion dates are January 14 through February 28, 2010* Donation receipts from the American Red Cross forwarded. Miles will post to the member’s AAdvantage account approximately 14 days after the receipts are received. Please check your AAdvantage account on aa.com to verify the award.* The name on the donation receipt must match the name on the AAdvantage account.* You must be an AAdvantage member to receive the bonus miles.* Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.* American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program at any time without notice.* American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.* The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position.
Starwood Preferred Guest
Here, donated points to the Red Cross are transferred to a cash donation by Starwood. 4000 points equals a $50 donation
If you carry their Mastercard a donation of as little as $5 will get 5000 Spirit points enough for a free flight.
18,000 Marriott points equals a $50 Red Cross donation
Note the differences to date
American Airlines is actually rewarding you for making a donation. As pointed out on a Flyertalk thread, the others seems to be reducing their outstanding financial statement liability by charging large numbers of points for a small donation to Red Cross.
I’m certainly not discounting the efforts all will put in here, just suggesting that to date that American Airlines is the leader at this point in doing the next right thing.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95