But for you younger business travelers here is the info:
Marriott Rewards Lifetime Elite Qualification Criteria:
1. 12 or more years as a Marriott Rewards member and at least one year of earned membership at the corresponding lifetime level. (20 years as a Gold member, but never having achieved a year as Platinum elite means you can only earn Lifetime Gold, even if the nights and points thresholds for lifetime Platinum are met.)
2. Lifetime Silver requires 600 nights. Lifetime Gold = 800 nights. Lifetime Platinum = 1,000 nights. All qualified nights count towards lifetime status including credit card nights, rollover nights, and Nights Count Double promotion nights.
3. Lifetime Silver requires 1,200,000 points.
Lifetime Gold = 1,600,000 points. Lifetime Platinum = 2,000,000 points. (These levels were reduced in 2010 from 1.5M Silver, 2.0M Gold, and 3.0M Platinum. Hotel stay points, promotion bonuses, credit card points, partner activity points all count.)
For Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum status a member must have 12 years membership with at least one membership year as a Marriott Rewards Platinum elite; 1,000+ qualified hotel nights; and earned 2,000,000 points.
Lifetime Gold requires 12 years membership with at least one year of earned Gold elite; 800 hotel nights; and 1,600,000 points.
Lifetime Silver requires 12 years membership with at least one year earned Silver elite; 600 hotel nights; and 1,200,000 lifetime earned points.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49