The generosity of blog readers and their desire to help one another see the world at prices we can all afford is nothing short of inspiring.
Here is the latest offer:
Howie, the guy building the credit card database for us, is a road warrior. He spends hours in the air for his job and as such accumulated a top tier status with Delta Airlines in 2009. As a reward for that loyalty, he received the ability to nominate somebody for Silver status for 2010. Howie wants to pay it forward to someone here on the blog, so here is how we’ll do just that.
Tomorrow on January 24th at 4PM Eastern time I will open my email accountand pick the first respondent to the offer with the time stamp of 4:00PM or later.
(Due to the blog size, I anticipate that the winner will be right at 4PM or within a couple minutes of 4PM. Anywhere past that time, I won’t be able to respond to those emails)
By making a commitment to buy a meal for a couple of active duty servicemen or women in an American airport and sending us a photo of “you all” (oops my Southern is comin’ out) Howie will submit your name for the Silver status. You’ll get bonus miles on your Delta flights, I think free baggage and the ability to join the upgrade lottery from Delta for the remainder of your 2010 flights.
We have 11,000 of our active military currently helping in Haiti and of course, others of our young men and women around the world representing us. This is Howie’s way of saying thank you for their efforts and your commitment to them as well.
You will need to email Howie with your full name and Delta account number, but that information will never be disclosed here on the blog.
Good Luck to all of you and finally, I remembered to make it late enough in the day (4PM Eastern) to get our West Coast readers involved.
Sorry you guys. It is nothing personal, I just forget to think sometimes.
So for today and tomorrow, Howie is the Frugal Travel Guy of the Day
Thanks Howie for your contributions to the blog and to all of you that have payed it forward in one way or another.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95