The generosity of blog readers and their desire to help one another see the world at prices we can all afford is nothing short of inspiring.
Here is the latest offer:
Howie, the guy building the credit card database for us, is a road warrior. He spends hours in the air for his job and as such accumulated a top tier status with Delta Airlines in 2009. As a reward for that loyalty, he received the ability to nominate somebody for Silver status for 2010. Howie wants to pay it forward to someone here on the blog, so here is how we’ll do just that.
Tomorrow on January 24th at 4PM Eastern time I will open my email accountand pick the first respondent to the offer with the time stamp of 4:00PM or later.
(Due to the blog size, I anticipate that the winner will be right at 4PM or within a couple minutes of 4PM. Anywhere past that time, I won’t be able to respond to those emails)
By making a commitment to buy a meal for a couple of active duty servicemen or women in an American airport and sending us a photo of “you all” (oops my Southern is comin’ out) Howie will submit your name for the Silver status. You’ll get bonus miles on your Delta flights, I think free baggage and the ability to join the upgrade lottery from Delta for the remainder of your 2010 flights.
We have 11,000 of our active military currently helping in Haiti and of course, others of our young men and women around the world representing us. This is Howie’s way of saying thank you for their efforts and your commitment to them as well.
You will need to email Howie with your full name and Delta account number, but that information will never be disclosed here on the blog.
Good Luck to all of you and finally, I remembered to make it late enough in the day (4PM Eastern) to get our West Coast readers involved.
Sorry you guys. It is nothing personal, I just forget to think sometimes.
So for today and tomorrow, Howie is the Frugal Travel Guy of the Day
Thanks Howie for your contributions to the blog and to all of you that have payed it forward in one way or another.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)