Here is my sample letter. Feel free to modify it as you like. I would recommend that you leave the statement in caps NEVER BEEN LATE if it is true in your case. I would also recommend requesting a minimum credit line to prove your worthiness.
Your denial came as a surprise to me for the following reasons:
I am gainfully employed earning $xxx per year with no long term debt. ( or list the minimum debt you have)
Have had credit cards for xxx years and have NEVER BEEN LATE with a payment
My current credit score is XXX as I checked it myself and that is in the GOOD range.
I am requesting your reconsideration for your minimum line of credit to prove to you my credit worthiness.
I look forward to receiving your card in the near future.
And snail mail it to the address on your denial letter. Once they see you know your stuff and mean business, you should be pleasantly surprised.
3000 Delta Miles and Free Membership from Emerald Club
Rene passed this offer on several days ago and I forgot to get it in right away. You get the first year membership free even if you do not rent a car to qualify for the bonus miles.
Photo Katybug and Mark Twain in Bermuda
Whenever I get big headed and think I know “oh so much”, Katybug brings me back to reality. Here, the special person in my life, is giving Mark an earful of wisdom. He may be more famous, but she rules the roost in most conversations. I love the Bug.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)