Here is my sample letter. Feel free to modify it as you like. I would recommend that you leave the statement in caps NEVER BEEN LATE if it is true in your case. I would also recommend requesting a minimum credit line to prove your worthiness.
Your denial came as a surprise to me for the following reasons:
I am gainfully employed earning $xxx per year with no long term debt. ( or list the minimum debt you have)
Have had credit cards for xxx years and have NEVER BEEN LATE with a payment
My current credit score is XXX as I checked it myself and that is in the GOOD range.
I am requesting your reconsideration for your minimum line of credit to prove to you my credit worthiness.
I look forward to receiving your card in the near future.
And snail mail it to the address on your denial letter. Once they see you know your stuff and mean business, you should be pleasantly surprised.
3000 Delta Miles and Free Membership from Emerald Club
Rene passed this offer on several days ago and I forgot to get it in right away. You get the first year membership free even if you do not rent a car to qualify for the bonus miles.
Photo Katybug and Mark Twain in Bermuda
Whenever I get big headed and think I know “oh so much”, Katybug brings me back to reality. Here, the special person in my life, is giving Mark an earful of wisdom. He may be more famous, but she rules the roost in most conversations. I love the Bug.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95