I just had a reader confirm that the offer ends on April 30th per a CSR at Chase. I’d heard the rumor, now have confirmation.
Here’s a little tip for your site. Amex offers upgraded
rental car insurance for a flat fee of $25 for the whole rental period
for rentals of up to 42 days. You just have to sign your amex card up
for the service, and the $25 will be billed every time you rent a car.
The great deal is that if you pay with a different card when you
return the car, you get the $25 refunded by contacting amex and asking
for a refund. that means in effect that you get premium insurance for
Sounds too good to be true, but I just spoke at length with an
Amex rep at 800-338-1670, and she assured me that was the case. to
enroll or get more info, check out
Best Hobby in the World
I got this email a week or so ago and was the first thing I read in the morning. My day was made. The tip came to me from one of you, and I’m sorry I can’t remember who it was, but please share the joy of helping this young soldier out.
The Frugal Travel Guy blog readers should win some type of online award for being the most generous helpful people in the world. I know Mike F (above) is smiling with his free round trip ticket. Thanks again to all that contribute.
I just wanted to take the time to THANK YOU for updating us on the Amex Premier Rewards Card bonus. I was thinking about jumping in on this one, but was hesitant to commit to the $1000 spending threshold. After your post about the “popup and email” workaround, I applied and was approved. I couldn’t have done it without you.
Thanks to your blog, I’ve already been able to take advantage of the BankDirect promotion, I’ve learned a ton about properly managing my credit, and how to leverage it for free travel. I’m only 22, and still in the military, but I’m already well on my way to becoming my own, self-styled, “frugal travel guy”.
Thank you for all you do. You really do make a difference in the lives of us “little guys”.
Keep up the good work,
Don’t you think Mike should be Frugal Travel Guy of the Day for what he is doing for all of us?
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)