Katy said quietly as we moved down the elevator to the lobby “I’m home”
We got a nice room upgrade with view of the bay and pool and balcony overlooking both and tropical breeze to keep us cool. There was also a nice amenity pack in our room with a nice note from the hotel manager. Seems we have friends in high places and the extra touches are greatly appreciated.
The plan for the week is simple. There is no plan. Wake up and take each day as it comes. The shuttle will take us the two minutes to the airport if we decide we want a Priceline car for a day or two. We have seen most of the island but can’t lay by the pool for 7 days. Or can we?
Our connections worked out well. The flights were flawless and the shuttle was there for us in two minutes. The flight from Chicago to Honolulu is 8 hours and 15 minutes which I survived by watching Up in the Air and Blind Side again. The Asian chicken over noodles was actually good and the nap was one of my best.
Glad to be here and now, back to the pool!
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Within 90 days
Coffee Shops Purchases
Fast Food Purchases
Alcohol & Bars Purchases