Katy said quietly as we moved down the elevator to the lobby “I’m home”
We got a nice room upgrade with view of the bay and pool and balcony overlooking both and tropical breeze to keep us cool. There was also a nice amenity pack in our room with a nice note from the hotel manager. Seems we have friends in high places and the extra touches are greatly appreciated.
The plan for the week is simple. There is no plan. Wake up and take each day as it comes. The shuttle will take us the two minutes to the airport if we decide we want a Priceline car for a day or two. We have seen most of the island but can’t lay by the pool for 7 days. Or can we?
Our connections worked out well. The flights were flawless and the shuttle was there for us in two minutes. The flight from Chicago to Honolulu is 8 hours and 15 minutes which I survived by watching Up in the Air and Blind Side again. The Asian chicken over noodles was actually good and the nap was one of my best.
Glad to be here and now, back to the pool!
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases