Considering the miracle I saw this past week this probably should not upset me sooo much but it does. It is so simple yet so vital to a good hotel stay.
The Wake Up Call
I am dumbfounded that a hotel clerk cannot properly put in the information for a simple wake up call. That is not rocket science. Not medical miracles. Just properly execute the recording of a wake up call.
In particular, early AM wake up calls before flights. Mine was set for 5:30AM for a 8 AM flight. If I don’t get the wake up call, I don’t wake up and miss my flight, lose a day of my life fighting with he airlines to get me home. I am pissed off.
I watched her write it down. I watched her credit my $100 gift card (which they didn’t credit me for.) That’s another story.
You would think that a Wake Up Call would be a Wake Up Call to the staff that they can complete a hotel stay leaving their customer with a feeling of satisfaction and competence. All I got was “I’m sorry” It was written down but I must have called the wrong room”
In my mind, if a hotel misses the Wake Up Call, we should have that nights stay for free, or they should cover all costs of missing our flight, train, tour or whatever reason we asked to be waken up early.
Is this too much to ask? Have any of you missed a flight or important event because of this ridiculously simple error?
“Horse sense is the thing that a horse has which keeps it from betting on people”
Persistence Pays Off
You Go Girl. Way to Work it. Thanks for the “made my day email” regarding the Chase BA card:
Some persistence worked out for us. We were in no position to apply with Chase last fall when the BA 100K offer first hit because we had just gotten new United Chase cards. When it surfaced again in January, we were able to try. Both of us were denied. We called the number on the denial letter 3 or 4 times and received a different answer each time as to whether or not cancelling another Chase card would help. Finally we found a couple of people that put it in our record to give us the card once we paid our monthly bills and cancelled one card. We did so and indeed did receive the card with the full benefit. Hoorah!
Thanks again for your help. We will think of you when we redeem these miles!
Red Roof In One Cent Sale
Thanks Mac. Good April 1 to 15th with 48 hour advance booking. Here is the link
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)