Last week’s trip to Vegas gave me a chance to try a competitor and the results were satisfactory to say the least.
Besides the double connection to get the low level award SAV-ATL-SLC-LAS and the few extra hours that took, all the flights were on time and full.
I was surprised that the mainline jets did not have reclining exit row seats on aircraft I flew.We did have the second row of exit rows, which I was able to book at ticketing time. Nice.
The snack items were varied and priced similar to United, but they had a larger selection. WiFi was a huge plus for me on the ATL-SLC leg. United has promised for years and it is really a feature we all would enjoy.
The CRJ900 on the LAS-SLC leg was brand new very nice with reclining exit row seats and plenty of leg room.
Another nice upgrade from United was the in-seat entertainment system on the seat back in front of us. It offered movies, HBO, TV on demand, and satellite programming. It was a fantastic way to spend the time watching Everybody Loves Raymond, playing a little poker on the laptop, and answering emails.
I found the staff friendly and accommodating at all times. You guys over on the dark side, don’t have it so bad after all.
One last observation: I asked about volunteering for all segments at my first check in and was told that is not an option on Delta. For a cheapskate like me, that is a big negative.
I lost in the two poker tournaments I played in but did make the final table in one. And the $20 trick at hotel check in moved us up from South Tower to a very spacious North tower room. The actual price difference was $20 for night, but the $20 I slipped the check in agent worked for all three nights
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)