It has been fun and a chore helping get this one of a kind event off the ground. Eleven Seminars in one weekend with multiple speakers, sponsors and special requests.
If you are new to this hobby, you will catch up in a hurry here. If an old timer, well you can never learn enough. And as I have mentioned numerous times networking works in this hobby.
Registration and Host Hotel Reservation instructions will be live this morning at Flyertalk.com in the Community Buzz thread named the Chicago Seminar DO
Here is the link. The hotel price is a steal that includes breakfast and lunch for the first room occupant each day and a two hour cocktail reception Saturday night. All for under $100 per night. There are just under 160 rooms. We are buying out this hotel so everybody you see will be a Frugal Traveler and Miles and Points Nut. I expect these rooms to go quickly.
I hope to see you in Chicago for a fun and informative weekend.
Now to pick out the seminars I want to see.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49