Many thanks for your great ideas and spirit to share your wealth of knowledge.
Just cruising the Marriott forum on Flyertalk I ran across a new promotion:
The catch is – members must change their earning preference to MILES on their Marriott profile. The promotion link will not show up until the earning preference has been changed. Here are the terms copied from the promo page.
Thanks again Rick!
Earn up to 60,000 bonus miles with the Delta SkyMiles® program for your Marriott® stays by earning 5,000 bonus miles per stay — beginning with your second stay — from May 1 through September 6, 2010.
New Horizons Await. Marriott Rewards Can Take You There! Earn up to 60,000 bonus miles with the Delta SkyMiles program for your Marriott stays. That’s in addition to your base miles earned.
Here’s how it works:
* Stay at any of over 3,200 participating Marriott hotels in 68 countries across 10 distinctive brands from May 1 through September 6, 2010
* Earn 5,000 bonus miles per stay — beginning with your second stay — with the Delta SkyMiles program up to 60,000 bonus miles
That’s enough miles for up to two round-trip award travel tickets anywhere Delta flies in the Continental U.S.!
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49