Many thanks for your great ideas and spirit to share your wealth of knowledge.
Just cruising the Marriott forum on Flyertalk I ran across a new promotion:
The catch is – members must change their earning preference to MILES on their Marriott profile. The promotion link will not show up until the earning preference has been changed. Here are the terms copied from the promo page.
Thanks again Rick!
Earn up to 60,000 bonus miles with the Delta SkyMiles® program for your Marriott® stays by earning 5,000 bonus miles per stay — beginning with your second stay — from May 1 through September 6, 2010.
New Horizons Await. Marriott Rewards Can Take You There! Earn up to 60,000 bonus miles with the Delta SkyMiles program for your Marriott stays. That’s in addition to your base miles earned.
Here’s how it works:
* Stay at any of over 3,200 participating Marriott hotels in 68 countries across 10 distinctive brands from May 1 through September 6, 2010
* Earn 5,000 bonus miles per stay — beginning with your second stay — with the Delta SkyMiles program up to 60,000 bonus miles
That’s enough miles for up to two round-trip award travel tickets anywhere Delta flies in the Continental U.S.!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95