Not sure you want to publish this, but I read in the “Other Credit Cards” Flyertalk forum that CITI has a phone number that goes directly to the retention line. It was answered before I heard it ring once!
My offer was for 5 transactions on the card in the next 3 months to receive a statement credit equal to the annual fee. Done deal. As many Citicards as some of us have, I’ve added it to my memory dial. By the way, this is also the number where they can shift credit lines for you (the guy did it while I was holding). It seems CITI has no problems re-allocating credit lines, that was just an issue with Chase (for me) apparently.
Great to see your trip is going well –
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)