I griped and grumbled about the devaluation of Hilton points earlier this year, and I’m really still not happy about it. But the two Hilton locations we have been to on this trip have been great. The West End in Budapest was nice, smaller than this one in Berlin but all around a great deal on points. The Hilton here in Berlin is very well located about 500 meters from Checkpoint Charlie, with shopping and restaurants nearby and the breakfast spread they put out is fantastic. Three cheers again for Hilton Gold status.
I actually reconsidered my two remaining Priority Club reservations and thought about staying at Hiltons in Warsaw and Krakow. But the Tripadvisor reviews are all pluses for the Holiday Inns. I’ll miss those free breakfasts though. My Platinum status came through from Priority Club after my purchase of 30,000 points on that daily deals thing that ended last week. I don’t think it will feed us, but should help get a nice room at least.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)