I griped and grumbled about the devaluation of Hilton points earlier this year, and I’m really still not happy about it. But the two Hilton locations we have been to on this trip have been great. The West End in Budapest was nice, smaller than this one in Berlin but all around a great deal on points. The Hilton here in Berlin is very well located about 500 meters from Checkpoint Charlie, with shopping and restaurants nearby and the breakfast spread they put out is fantastic. Three cheers again for Hilton Gold status.
I actually reconsidered my two remaining Priority Club reservations and thought about staying at Hiltons in Warsaw and Krakow. But the Tripadvisor reviews are all pluses for the Holiday Inns. I’ll miss those free breakfasts though. My Platinum status came through from Priority Club after my purchase of 30,000 points on that daily deals thing that ended last week. I don’t think it will feed us, but should help get a nice room at least.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95