No Movie on flight 933
I had just finished writing a chapter on Customer Service issues and “up popped the devil” again.
I was 15 minutes into the new Mel Gibson thriller when the video portion went blank. I still had sound, but no picture. I mentioned it to the flight attendant that was really not much help. She hastily said “loose wire” and she would reboot the movie when it was all done so I could watch it later. I wanted to sleep later. She did offer to move me to another seat, but I never miss the chance to sit with my bride the “Bug”. (I never know what she’ll do or say to crack me up).
My overall feeling was that the lady just didn’t care that my movie was ruined. All the video was gone on all the channels. I was a little pouty.
The next step on arrival at Dulles was the respectful and courteous complaint to the customer relations department. I supplied the required info:
Date of travel
In the body of my note I also indicated my seat number so maintenance would fix it for the next passenger. I really got the feeling this lady just didn’t care or even report it.
My guess is that the compensation will be a $250 voucher for a future flight.
UPDATE I got the compensation email late last night. They gave each of us $250????? That is the best Mel Gibson movie I never got to see.
Hilton Point Stretcher Hotel List out Today
The list for all categories of 40% savings on Hilton Point Stretchers hit me email box this morning. The dates appear to be through November of 2010. There seem to be many choices and some decent savings here. Has anybody stayed at the San Diego Golf Resort listed?
Here is the link
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)