An American passenger flight from New York had about 50 miles to go until landing at Atlanta so the Captain called up with “Hello,Atlanta. we’ll be with you at about 12:10 approaching from the north and looking for clearance for approach and landing.”
Atlanta ATC replied, “OK American- you’ll be with us at 12:10 and you’re clear to land from the north.”
This was followed immediately by a call from an Air Mexico flight saying, “Hello Atlanta, this is Air Mexico. We will be arriving from the south at 12:10. We OK for approach and landing from the south?” To which Atlanta ATC affirmed their approval.
After a few seconds silence, the American pilot called again, saying, “Atlanta, did you just clear Air Mexico to land from the south at 12:10 after clearing us to land from the north also at 12:10?
Atlanta ATC replied, “y’all take care now, ya hear?
Berlin and the Bus Tour
While you are going about your Sunday business or relaxation we will be on the Hop on and Off Bus circling Berlin. The weather has cooled after a day or rain and we are back hard at the tourist thingy. The bus today and canal trip by boat Monday then off to Warsaw on Tuesday. The food is still to die for. My favorite is Fried Meatloaf with red cabbage and boiled potatoes.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)