An American passenger flight from New York had about 50 miles to go until landing at Atlanta so the Captain called up with “Hello,Atlanta. we’ll be with you at about 12:10 approaching from the north and looking for clearance for approach and landing.”
Atlanta ATC replied, “OK American- you’ll be with us at 12:10 and you’re clear to land from the north.”
This was followed immediately by a call from an Air Mexico flight saying, “Hello Atlanta, this is Air Mexico. We will be arriving from the south at 12:10. We OK for approach and landing from the south?” To which Atlanta ATC affirmed their approval.
After a few seconds silence, the American pilot called again, saying, “Atlanta, did you just clear Air Mexico to land from the south at 12:10 after clearing us to land from the north also at 12:10?
Atlanta ATC replied, “y’all take care now, ya hear?
Berlin and the Bus Tour
While you are going about your Sunday business or relaxation we will be on the Hop on and Off Bus circling Berlin. The weather has cooled after a day or rain and we are back hard at the tourist thingy. The bus today and canal trip by boat Monday then off to Warsaw on Tuesday. The food is still to die for. My favorite is Fried Meatloaf with red cabbage and boiled potatoes.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49