My first day of flying on US Airways was uneventful. I liked the leather first-class seats. There is limited pitch between first class rows, not much more than E+ on United. The breakfast was decent and the plane was clean. We departed on time on the on bound legs. I was able to volunteer in Chicago for my later PHX-GEG flight but there was no bump forthcoming. When I got to Spokane I checked seatcounter.com and saw the returning PHX-ORD had only 1 seat available. I went to the counter and offered to volunteer. I was told that the PHX-ORD flight was under PHX control and I could not volunteer in Spokane for that leg. When I commented that I just did it this morning, she got snotty and said it was not possible. My retort was that it was strange that she was not allowed as others were. Her retort was that somebody over stepped their boundaries. I gave up and will wait until I get to PHX to volunteer.
Why can’t they get their story straight. And it is not just US Airways. BTW: There is no audio on their A320′s? It has been removed??? Weight?
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases