The current promos just have me in a tailspin. Katy’s 5K SPG bonus for loyalty has already posted. 22,500 of my Chase Continental Business debit card promo have hit my account. Katy has 66,000 CO miles at present and we are heading to the bank to get her 25K CO for the same promo. When I transfer my free 25K Amex points from the free Premier Travel Rewards card I applied for last spring to CO, I’ll be close to 80 K for a first class ticket to Hawaii on CO. I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred app in progress which will give me the few CO miles left I need to get to the 80K number.
I’ve got about 50K SPG points and awaiting the remaining 20K from my new SPG card as the difference from my original card sign up bonus. I just had to write SPG on Katy’s behalf to see if she cancelled her SPG business card and reapplied will they give her 30K more. We already know the answer. They put her on the “we’ll get back to you in 14 days” category. She has perfect credit so that will add another 30K to the pile.
I just sent my letter to Amex to assure myself if I cancel my SPG business card and get approved for a new one, I’ll get the 30K as well.
It appears we will be going back to Hawaii for just the cost of the debit cards, and this time probably staying at the Poipu Beach Sheraton for a whopping 10 days if we so desire.
It can happen, does happen, and will happen for you if you follow the promo rules, keep your copies of documentation and take care of your credit scores. I love it when a plan comes together.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)