Dear Mr Frugal Travel Guy,
Now you can enjoy a vacation getaway or family visit for fewer miles. Just book by August 31, 2010 and you can travel on United® or United Express® to destinations that are 700 miles or less from your departure city.
Here are just a few of the places you can go:
- San Diego, CA to Fresno, CA
- Seattle, WA to San Francisco, CA
- Boston, MA to Cleveland, OH
- Indianapolis, IN to Milwaukee, WI
Booking a reduced award is easy: Visit mileageplus.com before August 31, 2010 and select your cities and travel dates. You must book your trip at least seven days prior to departure. Select either a One-Way Saver Award or a round-trip Saver Award. If you’ve selected a qualifying route, the reduced pricing will be displayed. Enjoy more ways than ever to use your award miles.
What you need to know: Purchase by August 31, 2010 and fly before January 7, 2011. Reduced-mile offer applies on flights operated by United or United Express that are 700 or fewer miles from origin to destination within the continental U.S. and between the continental U.S. and Canada. Only awards in economy class are available at the reduced rate. A roundtrip Saver Award is reduced to 17,500 miles and a One-Way Saver Award is reduced to 8,750 miles. A roundtrip Miles & Money Award is reduced to 7,000 miles plus cash. You must purchase your ticket a minimum of seven days before your first flight.
Your Mileage Plus team
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49