Dear Mr Frugal Travel Guy,
Now you can enjoy a vacation getaway or family visit for fewer miles. Just book by August 31, 2010 and you can travel on United® or United Express® to destinations that are 700 miles or less from your departure city.
Here are just a few of the places you can go:
- San Diego, CA to Fresno, CA
- Seattle, WA to San Francisco, CA
- Boston, MA to Cleveland, OH
- Indianapolis, IN to Milwaukee, WI
Booking a reduced award is easy: Visit mileageplus.com before August 31, 2010 and select your cities and travel dates. You must book your trip at least seven days prior to departure. Select either a One-Way Saver Award or a round-trip Saver Award. If you’ve selected a qualifying route, the reduced pricing will be displayed. Enjoy more ways than ever to use your award miles.
What you need to know: Purchase by August 31, 2010 and fly before January 7, 2011. Reduced-mile offer applies on flights operated by United or United Express that are 700 or fewer miles from origin to destination within the continental U.S. and between the continental U.S. and Canada. Only awards in economy class are available at the reduced rate. A roundtrip Saver Award is reduced to 17,500 miles and a One-Way Saver Award is reduced to 8,750 miles. A roundtrip Miles & Money Award is reduced to 7,000 miles plus cash. You must purchase your ticket a minimum of seven days before your first flight.
Your Mileage Plus team
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95