Now through July 6th there is a Special Offer for new applications for the Starwood Preferred Guest card. It appl;ies to both the personal and business card and offers 30,000 SPG points on each card for $1000 of spend in the first 3 months. Go for this card if you have been “on the fence” and your credit scores will take the hit. Your credit is one of your most important assets.
During this week long promotion do NOT use the ad link on my blog as it will NOT get you the 30K special.
Use only this link
To all the readers that notified me of this special offer, thank you on behalf of your frugal friends. You are all Frugal Travel Guy and Gals of the Day.
And to all of you that have used my links in the past, thank you. This is just not the right time to be using my link for this card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95