I actually pulled a controversial post today, but not because of the controversy. I pulled it because a friend of mine asked me to save it until after the Chicago Seminar DO. It is part of his presentation and he didn’t want me stealing his thunder. Fair enough. I’ll repost it in late October.
You can gather from the comments below it deals with the Mint deal. For now put on your thinking caps.
Chase Debit Card Cancellations
I got a call from a reader that has spoken to our friends in the Ft. Collins, Colorado regarding the Chase/Continental debit card deal. It seems that you are cancelling your checking accounts you opened with this branch for the 25K bonus before they actually earn their commission on the new account. It is $6 per month service fee or $0.00 if you do 5 debit card purchases per month. Give them a chance to earn their commission if you can. They did us a favor. They also earn a bonus if you set up online banking with Chase. Give it a thought will you.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95