I actually pulled a controversial post today, but not because of the controversy. I pulled it because a friend of mine asked me to save it until after the Chicago Seminar DO. It is part of his presentation and he didn’t want me stealing his thunder. Fair enough. I’ll repost it in late October.
You can gather from the comments below it deals with the Mint deal. For now put on your thinking caps.
Chase Debit Card Cancellations
I got a call from a reader that has spoken to our friends in the Ft. Collins, Colorado regarding the Chase/Continental debit card deal. It seems that you are cancelling your checking accounts you opened with this branch for the 25K bonus before they actually earn their commission on the new account. It is $6 per month service fee or $0.00 if you do 5 debit card purchases per month. Give them a chance to earn their commission if you can. They did us a favor. They also earn a bonus if you set up online banking with Chase. Give it a thought will you.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)