I actually pulled a controversial post today, but not because of the controversy. I pulled it because a friend of mine asked me to save it until after the Chicago Seminar DO. It is part of his presentation and he didn’t want me stealing his thunder. Fair enough. I’ll repost it in late October.
You can gather from the comments below it deals with the Mint deal. For now put on your thinking caps.
Chase Debit Card Cancellations
I got a call from a reader that has spoken to our friends in the Ft. Collins, Colorado regarding the Chase/Continental debit card deal. It seems that you are cancelling your checking accounts you opened with this branch for the 25K bonus before they actually earn their commission on the new account. It is $6 per month service fee or $0.00 if you do 5 debit card purchases per month. Give them a chance to earn their commission if you can. They did us a favor. They also earn a bonus if you set up online banking with Chase. Give it a thought will you.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases