Imagine this problem: You have so many new credit card approvals for free miles that you can’t keep up with the minimum spends. That is where we find ourselves right now.
To start we each did the Chase Business Checking account with 25,000 Continental miles. We opened the accounts with $565 each ($65 for the debit card) and are burning through that chunk of change already spent.
We followed up with a personal SPG card for me and a business SPG card for both of us. That totals $3000 more in spend to get the bonuses.
And we each just picked up the Chase Sapphire Preferred card for 25,000 points which we personally will convert into CO miles to finish off our first class tickets to Hawaii in January. That is another $6000 in minimum spend at $3K each.
Thank goodness the Hilton Surpass card we are getting for Katybug gives 40,000 Honors points on first purchase without a minimum spend there. That will get us Hhonors Gold for one more year.
I’m looking at $10,000 of credit card spend to collect all these big bonuses and we just don’t spend that much. I definitely going to have to go back to the Mint for a few thousand coins with our SPG cards to make this happen in time. Maybe I can prepay my condo dues or something??
And, we are still awaiting word on the Citi AA cards at 75K in points each and a minimum spend there as well.
Yep, High Class Problems.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)