It has been 90 days and on schedule we each added a few cards. Here were our cards choices and results.
Katy did the SPG business and was approved. She also did the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and was approved for the soon to be Continental/United miles. In addition, she picked up the 5K loyalty bonus from her existing SPG personal card. She also tried a Citibank Business Visa and we are on hold with that one.
Mine were the Chase Sapphire card and both the SPG business and personal cards. Both of my SPG cards were instantly approved and the Chase Sapphire was okayed as well after about a 7 days wait. All three cards are without a first year annual fee. The 30K bonus for Starwood is over but you can still pick up 25 K by meeting the spend requirement on the regular offer.
Now, to find a way to score some of those big Citibank American Airlines sign up bonuses
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49