It has been 90 days and on schedule we each added a few cards. Here were our cards choices and results.
Katy did the SPG business and was approved. She also did the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and was approved for the soon to be Continental/United miles. In addition, she picked up the 5K loyalty bonus from her existing SPG personal card. She also tried a Citibank Business Visa and we are on hold with that one.
Mine were the Chase Sapphire card and both the SPG business and personal cards. Both of my SPG cards were instantly approved and the Chase Sapphire was okayed as well after about a 7 days wait. All three cards are without a first year annual fee. The 30K bonus for Starwood is over but you can still pick up 25 K by meeting the spend requirement on the regular offer.
Now, to find a way to score some of those big Citibank American Airlines sign up bonuses
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)