Looks as if Continental is giving out status matches fairly liberally – I just had low tier American (AA gold) matched to low tier Coninental, which is good now thru Feb 2012. Only needed to fax or email current statement page, copy of AA gold card. I am not even on pace to keep AA gold this year yet, although I will by year’s end.
This is from OPFlyer’s post on FT on Feb 10. Continental will match you…up to Platinum status. It is generally recommended that you e-mail them.
Fax, email, or mail the following information:
OnePass Account Number
Current Phone Number
A copy of the most recent statement from the other airline showing status and current mileage
A copy of your current elite card from the other airline
Send to: OA Match Request
P.O. Box 4757
Houston, TX 77210-4757
Thanks James for the idea. It worked quite well for a number of us when Northwest was being merged into Delta. It only takes a minute to try.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)