Looks as if Continental is giving out status matches fairly liberally – I just had low tier American (AA gold) matched to low tier Coninental, which is good now thru Feb 2012. Only needed to fax or email current statement page, copy of AA gold card. I am not even on pace to keep AA gold this year yet, although I will by year’s end.
This is from OPFlyer’s post on FT on Feb 10. Continental will match you…up to Platinum status. It is generally recommended that you e-mail them.
Fax, email, or mail the following information:
OnePass Account Number
Current Phone Number
A copy of the most recent statement from the other airline showing status and current mileage
A copy of your current elite card from the other airline
Send to: OA Match Request
P.O. Box 4757
Houston, TX 77210-4757
Thanks James for the idea. It worked quite well for a number of us when Northwest was being merged into Delta. It only takes a minute to try.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95