Following the incident of the passenger who missed her flight at Hong Kong in early February it’s caused quote some consternation at Cathay Pacific, the airline whose plane the lady missed. The airline has apologised because it was one of their workers who filmed the video, they’ve since been disciplined, although it was someone else who actually posted the video on Youtube.
Apparently the woman was shouting “They have no compassion. The plane hasn’t even left, and they’ve shut the gate. They’re crazy! They’re crazy!” Cathay have apologized to the woman “for the inconvenience and embarrassment she may have suffered as a result” and offered to upgrade her seats on her next trip and reimburse her for frequent flyer miles she used for upgrades on recent flights.So if nothing else we now at least have a fool proof method of securing an upgrade.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)