Post it on the blog!
I found it myself and just created a new thread on Flyertalk as well!
Dan, your loyal reader and frequent contributor…
My Flyertalk post:
Marriott Vacation Club USA is currently offering 5000 MR points for doing a 30 minute online timeshare presentation. You have to make an appointment.
I talked to a live Marriott Vacation Club agent on the phone today for 30 minutes. It was a soft
sell; she just emailed me more information after our conversation and asked that I contact her if I had any questions or interest.
Although it says that the presentation is online, my entire presentation was on the phone. Maybe that’s because she knew I was
already a member of Marriott Vacation Club Asia-Pacific and so she didn’t need to show me the properties on the Internet?
Points post 6 to 8 weeks later. Really easy 5000 points here.
Thanks Dan. Frugal Travel Guy of the Day
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49