Post it on the blog!
I found it myself and just created a new thread on Flyertalk as well!
Dan, your loyal reader and frequent contributor…
My Flyertalk post:
Marriott Vacation Club USA is currently offering 5000 MR points for doing a 30 minute online timeshare presentation. You have to make an appointment.
I talked to a live Marriott Vacation Club agent on the phone today for 30 minutes. It was a soft
sell; she just emailed me more information after our conversation and asked that I contact her if I had any questions or interest.
Although it says that the presentation is online, my entire presentation was on the phone. Maybe that’s because she knew I was
already a member of Marriott Vacation Club Asia-Pacific and so she didn’t need to show me the properties on the Internet?
Points post 6 to 8 weeks later. Really easy 5000 points here.
Thanks Dan. Frugal Travel Guy of the Day
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95