Scary in the dark
Heard on same SouthWest flight as the oxygen remark.
“FAA regulations require that we dim the cabin lights on takeoff and landing. Please look at the person next to you now. If they look scary in normal light, imagine what they will look like in dim light. If you have any concerns about the person next to you, please raise your hand and we will try and seat you elsewhere in the cabin.”
This was heard on a Southwest flight.
Flight Attendant: “We have hidden 10 free tickets to any destination you pick in 10 random seat pockets for your convenience.”
*Everyone looks in seat pocket*
Flight Attendant: “Jeeze you’re all so gullible… but while you’re there please remove your trash.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95