I stopped by our friendly branch of Suntrust Bank here on Hilton Head Island and said hi to the branch manager and our new account specialist Megan who will be processing your new personal (15K Delta) and business (25K DL) checking accounts.
They indicated all is going well with the new account process and wanted me to pass along, they are not able to actually open the account until the funding is received. At that point they will order your debit cards. They appreciate your business and kindness on the phone and look forward to helping all of you. If you have a business in another state they will help you out BUT you must provide proof that the business exists, by DBA (doing business as) or state registration ( each state varies in forms and fees).
I’m asking you as a personal favor as they have helped us each of the last two years that you actually consider using Suntrust as your bank for at least part of you banking, or at the least keep the account open 6 months so they can earn and keep their commissions.
Thanks. I’m glad they are going the extra mile for you. I just opened our personal accounts for the 15K bonus.
We still have no word on the authorized users as of yet. One call said yes and one said no. Only time will tell and I’ll post when I get the results of our attempt at authorized users.
AND, AND AND
Those of you that have kept your Visa debit cards from Suntrust should be getting an email shortly where they are giving you another 2500 points for keeping your account open. Now that is bank service for ya.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95