Hooray Todd for letting me know and for DansDeals.com for finding the promo extension. These are for the personal checking and business checking accounts. Note the extension is for the month of October ONLY. They usually extend these for 3 months at a time.
Here is the info:
Update: Offer extended through 10/31!
-You are able to open a consumer account online by using the unique coupon code generated when you click on the offer links above. Just generate your own coupon code, and apply for a checking account online. The “Chase checking” account is free with 5 debit transactions in a month. The “Chase better banking” account is free with a $1,500 balance. Chase automatically located my Continental mileage number
-Chase/Continental Miles customer service line: 877-292-4273
-With a Continental debit card you also get a free piece of checked luggage for yourself and anyone else on your itinerary when you fly Continental. See Dansdeals.com/baggage for all baggage fees and exemptions.
-The 25,000 mile consumer offer requires making 5 purchases on a Continental debit card which carries a $25 annual fee. The card earns 1 mile for every 2 dollars spent.
-The 25,000 mile business offer requires funding the account with $500 and making a purchase on a Continental debit card which carries a $65 annual fee. The card earns 1 mile for every dollar spent.
-The terms state that you can get the miles for each offer once per calendar year.
-You enter the coupon code on the page right after choosing an account and clicking “Open now.”
-Be sure to also request the $25 Continental debit card when you apply online.
-If you fund the account online via a credit card (up to $500) it may be counted as a cash advance.
-You must fund the account with a minimum of $100 of new funds.
-There is no need to open a savings account, you can however fund it with another $500 if you choose to open one.
-Only the consumer offer accepted the code for me online, the business offer did not work with the code online-you’ll have to go in a branch for that one.
-On an account that I opened last year 22,500 miles posted within a few weeks of making the 5 debit purchases, and the remaining 2,500 miles took a of couple months.
-You need to spend at least $2 on the card in 1 month within 60 days of opening the account to trigger the entire 25,000 mile bonus.
-25,000 miles is enough for a free domestic ticket (only 20,000 miles are needed for short-haul flights under 1,500 RT miles, like New York-Chicago) and is 33% of the way towards a free ticket to Israel (75,000 miles)
Thank you again DansDeals.com and Todd for bringing this to our attention.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95