The business card I have been waiting for is the American Express Business Platinum card. The offer was extended to affiliates yesterday and the links are now up and running.
Funny thing, I remember having one of these cards several years ago and can still see it in my Amex online summary of accounts as cancelled. The promo they are now offering is certainly new and something you high end spenders and “Minties” may be interested in.
- The annual fee is steep at $450, but includes a 5,000 point bonus each month you spend $10K on the card. You earning 1.5 Membership Rewards points per $ on that first $10K of spend.
- The card also provides access for you and two guests to Airport Clubs for American, Delta, and Continental Airlines. That in itself is worth the fee if you were planning on buying club access anyway.
- Complimentary membership with elite level status with Avis, Hertz and National car rentals. Two of the three offer a one class upgrade with status.
- Platinum Office Program membership with access to 1000+ full service wifi equipped business lounges worldwide in 45 cities. The $600 fee is covered in the Regus Businessworld Gold program.
- It also includes upgrades at Luxury Hotels in 70% of cases, late checkout and a special amenity they say is worth $550 on a two night stay???
- And lastly 24/7 Concierge Service with a Business Platinum Concierge.
Most of this is over my pay grade as the Frugal Travel Guy, but the 1.5 points per $ on the first $10K and lounge access sounds decent to me. Have any of you had this card in the past? And would you like to comment on the service and bennies. I’m sure your fellow readers would like to hear your thoughts.
Although I was disappointed that my “heads up” several weeks ago was for a higher end card that all frugal travelers may not be able to afford, I do appreciate the fact I was given some advance notice. And it looks like the first person to comment is pleased with the Business Platinum Card. Good news then.
Remember: Your credit is one of your most important assets.