The big bonuses supposedly end tomorrow. If you have the scores and available inquiries this may be as good as it gets for awhile. Then again, they may offer 200,000 miles tomorrow. With these guys you never know.
I wish I could tell you if you will be approved or not based on a given credit score, or if you had a Citi AA card in the past, but I can’t. Some get it. Some don’t.
But if you don’t try I can assure you, you won’t get it. I’m going to throw my hat in the ring for the Citi Amex as will Katy for the Citi personal Visa. We have nothing to lose but 2-5 points on our scores and for 75K, I’ll take the risk. We got the “We’ll get back to you later” response, but Katy was offered the card enhancements like paperless statements and choosing her payment due date. They also did an online chat with her ( I mean me on her behalf). Me? I got nothing but “talk to you later” It leads me to believe lucky Katybug may score a few more miles.
Let me know how you all do.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49