Here is an opportunity for those of you heavily invested in the Choice Privileges program to pick up another 16,000 points from the new card issuer Barclays Bank. I checked my card file and my Choice card was issued by Bank of America, so they obviously made a banking switch.
The offer seems pretty standard at 16K signup bonus, but if you have the room in your credit scores and the inquiries from Barclays are not with the predominant credit agency in your state, it is an easy 16K in points for you and 8,000 more after your first stay at a Choice Property.
“Choice Hotels International® is pleased to announce that Barclaycard will issue the NEW Choice Privileges Visa Signature card.
Apply online today and receive 16,000 bonus points after your first purchase on the card and receive an additional 8,000 bonus points after your first stay. That’s 3 free nights at over 1,500 locations!
The No Annual Fee Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card Gives You These Benefits:
- 16,000 points after your first purchase the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card – that’s 2 free nights at more than 1,500 Choice Privileges locations
- 8,000 points after your first paid stay using the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card
- 15 points per $1 spent at over 4,200 Choice Privileges locations worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent on additional Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards
- 2 points per $1 spent on every day purchases such as gas and groceries
- Automatic upgrade to Elite Gold status”
I’m sure there is a link on the Choice Website.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95