Here is an opportunity for those of you heavily invested in the Choice Privileges program to pick up another 16,000 points from the new card issuer Barclays Bank. I checked my card file and my Choice card was issued by Bank of America, so they obviously made a banking switch.
The offer seems pretty standard at 16K signup bonus, but if you have the room in your credit scores and the inquiries from Barclays are not with the predominant credit agency in your state, it is an easy 16K in points for you and 8,000 more after your first stay at a Choice Property.
“Choice Hotels International® is pleased to announce that Barclaycard will issue the NEW Choice Privileges Visa Signature card.
Apply online today and receive 16,000 bonus points after your first purchase on the card and receive an additional 8,000 bonus points after your first stay. That’s 3 free nights at over 1,500 locations!
The No Annual Fee Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card Gives You These Benefits:
- 16,000 points after your first purchase the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card – that’s 2 free nights at more than 1,500 Choice Privileges locations
- 8,000 points after your first paid stay using the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card
- 15 points per $1 spent at over 4,200 Choice Privileges locations worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent on additional Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards
- 2 points per $1 spent on every day purchases such as gas and groceries
- Automatic upgrade to Elite Gold status”
I’m sure there is a link on the Choice Website.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)