Here is an opportunity for those of you heavily invested in the Choice Privileges program to pick up another 16,000 points from the new card issuer Barclays Bank. I checked my card file and my Choice card was issued by Bank of America, so they obviously made a banking switch.
The offer seems pretty standard at 16K signup bonus, but if you have the room in your credit scores and the inquiries from Barclays are not with the predominant credit agency in your state, it is an easy 16K in points for you and 8,000 more after your first stay at a Choice Property.
“Choice Hotels International® is pleased to announce that Barclaycard will issue the NEW Choice Privileges Visa Signature card.
Apply online today and receive 16,000 bonus points after your first purchase on the card and receive an additional 8,000 bonus points after your first stay. That’s 3 free nights at over 1,500 locations!
The No Annual Fee Choice Privileges Visa Signature Card Gives You These Benefits:
- 16,000 points after your first purchase the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card – that’s 2 free nights at more than 1,500 Choice Privileges locations
- 8,000 points after your first paid stay using the new Choice Privileges Visa Signature card
- 15 points per $1 spent at over 4,200 Choice Privileges locations worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent on additional Choice Privileges points and Choice Hotels gift cards
- 2 points per $1 spent on every day purchases such as gas and groceries
- Automatic upgrade to Elite Gold status”
I’m sure there is a link on the Choice Website.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49