After reviewing my credit inquiries, and in light of my recent denial from Citi for the last of the 75K AA bonus signups, I resorted to the credit pulls database on creditboards.com and the database I started in Flyertalk on the “Other Credit Cards” forum for info on South Carolina credit pulls. It seems that Barclays pulls from Equifax where I have minimal inquiries. That will be my next target in January and February. The pickings are not quite as bountiful as with the big boys, Chase and Citi, but we gotta go where the approvals will be.
Here are the Barclay’s travel card products:
- Aer Lingus
- Air Jamaica
- China Airlines
- Iceland Air
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- Best Western
- Choice Privileges
Interestingly, most of these cards have a small first year fee which peeves me, but again, a round trip for $59 to $79 is still as steal.
I can work with the Aer Lingus, Airtran, Frontier, Lufthansa, US Airways, and Virgin America awards. I don’t have much interest in the other airlines.
The hotels will be limited to Choice Privileges and Wyndham as I’m not a fan of any Best Western I’ve ever stayed in.
If I can find an offer with a minimal fee and award that equals at least a free flight, I’m game while my inquiries continue to fall off Experian.
I wish I could chance a few Bank of America applications so I can pick up Alaska Airlines credit card awards, but they seem to be pulling from Experian in SC, so those will have to wait as well.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)