We are truly blessed to be where we are in life. We have food, clothing, shelter, our health and friends and family that surround us with their love and support. Some are not quite that fortunate.
As part of the Chicago Seminar DO we arranged a charity raffle to benefit four Chicagoland charities for those in need and Kiva.org (my personal choice) to help budding entrepreneurs from around the world. I am pleased to announce this Thanksgiving day we have made donations totaling $1400 to those trying to expand their businesses in Cambodia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua and the Republic of the Congo. We made a total of 56-$25 donations around the world to help fund their projects.
You, the readers of the Frugal Travel Guy blog and Flyertalk have made this effort possible. The Flyertalk-Kiva Lending team has made in excess of $60,000 in interest free loans to those in need.
Today, Katy and I are grateful we had the opportunity to contribute to these worthwhile causes worldwide.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
And Here is $25 for You Amex Card Holders
If you register your Amex card at this link before Saturday and spend at least $25 at small merchants this Saturday, Amex will give you a $25 statement credit.
Support Small Business Saturday Thank you Thomas and Win for the link
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases