We are truly blessed to be where we are in life. We have food, clothing, shelter, our health and friends and family that surround us with their love and support. Some are not quite that fortunate.
As part of the Chicago Seminar DO we arranged a charity raffle to benefit four Chicagoland charities for those in need and Kiva.org (my personal choice) to help budding entrepreneurs from around the world. I am pleased to announce this Thanksgiving day we have made donations totaling $1400 to those trying to expand their businesses in Cambodia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua and the Republic of the Congo. We made a total of 56-$25 donations around the world to help fund their projects.
You, the readers of the Frugal Travel Guy blog and Flyertalk have made this effort possible. The Flyertalk-Kiva Lending team has made in excess of $60,000 in interest free loans to those in need.
Today, Katy and I are grateful we had the opportunity to contribute to these worthwhile causes worldwide.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
And Here is $25 for You Amex Card Holders
If you register your Amex card at this link before Saturday and spend at least $25 at small merchants this Saturday, Amex will give you a $25 statement credit.
Support Small Business Saturday Thank you Thomas and Win for the link
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)