We are truly blessed to be where we are in life. We have food, clothing, shelter, our health and friends and family that surround us with their love and support. Some are not quite that fortunate.
As part of the Chicago Seminar DO we arranged a charity raffle to benefit four Chicagoland charities for those in need and Kiva.org (my personal choice) to help budding entrepreneurs from around the world. I am pleased to announce this Thanksgiving day we have made donations totaling $1400 to those trying to expand their businesses in Cambodia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua and the Republic of the Congo. We made a total of 56-$25 donations around the world to help fund their projects.
You, the readers of the Frugal Travel Guy blog and Flyertalk have made this effort possible. The Flyertalk-Kiva Lending team has made in excess of $60,000 in interest free loans to those in need.
Today, Katy and I are grateful we had the opportunity to contribute to these worthwhile causes worldwide.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.
And Here is $25 for You Amex Card Holders
If you register your Amex card at this link before Saturday and spend at least $25 at small merchants this Saturday, Amex will give you a $25 statement credit.
Support Small Business Saturday Thank you Thomas and Win for the link
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95