After listening to MrPickles in Chicago and reevaluating my travel plans, I am back in the Mint game on a limited basis. I have a solid relationship with a bank on the island. I know how much they can take and what day they would like my deposit. After I receive my coins, and put them in circulation ;), I then take the dollars to my bank. The vault has room for only so many and that is respectfully, my limit per week. All those single $1 denominations take up space.
It appears that I can use my credit card for $1000 each ten days. Between Katybug and I, we have 5 SPG cards which corresponds nicely with the vault size.
So on we go. Not nearly as big as many others with more elaborate schemes, but we have always tried to be under the radar and yet benefit from the opportunities in front of us.
We’ll keep you advised of our progress.
Don’t Forget our Veterans
Keith reminded me that McCormick and Schmidt’s is offering a free meal to vets on teh 7th of November and Chili’s is offering lunch on the 14th. I’m not 100% sure it is for Vet’s or active duty, so call ahead for details and the McCormick and Schmidt’s offer suggests calling ahead for reservations.
SOS Diet Update
My last weigh in was October 19th at 269 pounds. That represents a 23 pound loss since my starting date of July 16th.
I have not been hungry, and after making the switch away from sugar, I no longer crave it. Sweets, when I mistakenly put them in my mouth, are as repulsive to me as booze has become. Thank God for that one as well.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)