After listening to MrPickles in Chicago and reevaluating my travel plans, I am back in the Mint game on a limited basis. I have a solid relationship with a bank on the island. I know how much they can take and what day they would like my deposit. After I receive my coins, and put them in circulation ;), I then take the dollars to my bank. The vault has room for only so many and that is respectfully, my limit per week. All those single $1 denominations take up space.
It appears that I can use my credit card for $1000 each ten days. Between Katybug and I, we have 5 SPG cards which corresponds nicely with the vault size.
So on we go. Not nearly as big as many others with more elaborate schemes, but we have always tried to be under the radar and yet benefit from the opportunities in front of us.
We’ll keep you advised of our progress.
Don’t Forget our Veterans
Keith reminded me that McCormick and Schmidt’s is offering a free meal to vets on teh 7th of November and Chili’s is offering lunch on the 14th. I’m not 100% sure it is for Vet’s or active duty, so call ahead for details and the McCormick and Schmidt’s offer suggests calling ahead for reservations.
SOS Diet Update
My last weigh in was October 19th at 269 pounds. That represents a 23 pound loss since my starting date of July 16th.
I have not been hungry, and after making the switch away from sugar, I no longer crave it. Sweets, when I mistakenly put them in my mouth, are as repulsive to me as booze has become. Thank God for that one as well.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95