The interview was on last week. When I heard them mention award credit cards I had to jump in and watch. I’ve always liked Cavuto, as he doesn’t pull any punches in his interviews. Two days later, I watched him fry a Congressmen from Tennessee regarding the President’s visit to Indiana, while snubbing his home state where more jobs could have been created.
Anyway this guy Dave Ramsey was really against reward credit cards and cautioned the masses to stay away. His reasoning is that you can’t get something for nothing, and we certainly are not smarter than these huge multi billion dollar company’s marketing departments.
The entire thrust of Ramsey’s comments were if you get a credit card you will use it and end up essentially borrowing money by not paying off the balance in full every month.
Here in lies the basis of our success. It is so plain and simple and I am so in hopes you are not falling into the trap of actually using your credit cards for more than spending you can pay off in full every month.
Ramsey went on to say that the credit card companies are in trouble as people are not spending what they used to on their cards (that’s good) so they are upping the signup bonuses which he still says are not worth it.
Based on this “talking heads” discussion we are winners, and will continue to be winners if we continue to apply and then use our cards only to meet the minimum spend level. If the credit card companies are in trouble, let them up the bonuses all they want and we will give them applications and minimum spend, but never a days worth of interest.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)