We now have a bit of a dilemma if you want CO miles in a hurry. The Chase Continental airlines credit card that was such a good deal recently, with 30K miles, two lounge passes, $50 statement credit and free first checked bag is still available, but I can’t remember when this promo ends? I think it is January 31, 2011 from something I remember reading , but will be damned if I can find it now. It is still a great offer, BUT would be even better if it lasts until February and would give you all a big bump up in the Continental Mileathon promo. (you can register in January but activity must start in February) This could be an ugh for all of us. If they drop all the goodies in the offer on 1/31/11, I have no idea what the offer will be like February 1st.
If somebody can confirm or find again the expiration of the offer, We All Will Appreciate it. Just post it in the comments section today, please. I have looked every where for them???
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49