On this historic day — Pearl Harbor Day — I’d like to announce that all author profits or proceeds (above production costs) from sales of the Frugal Travel Guy Handbook are being donated to the Wounded Warrior Fund until further notice.
Our men and women in uniform who have been wounded in the line of duty have sacrificed so much for all of us. This is the least I can do to support their contributions on our behalf.
The Wounded Warrior Fund is part of the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization headquartered in Jacksonville, FL with additional program offices located in New York City and Washington D.C. Its mission is to honor and empower wounded soldiers and “to foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded warriors in this nation’s history.” I certainly want to be a part of that. (Read more by clicking here.)
You can purchase the Frugal Travel Guy Handbook at Amazon.com in either Kindle or paperback format. However, if you want to purchase the Handbook in paperback form directly from the book publisher to maximize the contribution to the Wounded Warriors, please use the link below.
Please consider giving a copy of the Handbook to your less informed friends, not only to help them learn how to travel for free but also as a way of saying “Thanks!” to our guys and gals in uniform.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95