Tuesday morning, on our return to Savannah, we had the pleasure of negotiating Atlanta’s Hartsfield airport, their crowds and security system… The lines were long but moved very smoothly. We left the Airport Westin at 8:20 AM and found ourselves in the Skyclub plane side by 9:05 AM.
There were horror stories of passengers stranded for up to 5 days trying to get back to New York but in the time we were there, the process moved efficiently. It was all leisure travelers as the “suits” were hard to find. I did notice it takes an extra step or two for leisure travelers, hunting in an extra pocket, forgetting your keys, where is my boarding pass? etc… going through the line, but all in all, a-OK. The TSA staff was friendly and upbeat. Maybe they realized the holiday rush was soon coming to a close.
The Skyclub was virtually empty. Leisure travelers don’t seem to be frequent guest of the clubs. I was using 1 day Groupon passes for my infrequent traveling friends and they seemed to enjoy the respite after the security lines. As always, these two guys were in the free food line. I found the Delta Skyclub to be stark and small in relation to the Red Carpet Clubs of United, but that could be just this one location. The morning snack offering was also sub-RCC quality.
Although it all went smoothly, I can’t imagine spending an hour a week of my life in those lines. My condolences to the business travelers of Atlanta. A small town airport suits me just fine.
Tomorrow is the last post of 2010. It has been a very successful travel year. Lot’s of miles, lots of sites and no major traffic calamities or delays. I scored about $2,700 in bump vouchers, a another $1,000 in customer service related vouchers and went around the world again.
I’m looking forward to 2011 and the adventures we will all experience.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)