For those of you living on the west coast or anybody with easy access to Hawaii, the Hyatt card offering two free nights after first purchase is a steal in my book, even with the $75 sign up fee.
Granted I am in a suite courtesy of the Diamond status, but here are some sample room rates. A non suite oceanfront room has a AAA rate of $571 per night. The suite adds $200 more. Rack rate is $870 for oceanfront room here.
So my math is 4 nights at $571 = $2,284 (not that we would ever spend that much) for 2-$75 application fees and 2-5 points off your credit score. Somehow I gotta figure how to keep my Hyatt Diamond status. It runs out tomorrow based on my comped status of one year ago. I’ve been told no more status matches available.
Citi Prestige® Card
- Annual Fee: $450 fee
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The increase to 50,000 ThankYou points for the Citi Prestige card may be a signal that Citi wants back in the game, big time. The sign-up bonus has just been increased to 50K points from the previous 30K offer. An added benefit is a $250 annual air travel credit each calendar year -- so, if you sign up in April, you'll receive the credit this year, and again in January of next year -- which more than covers the $450 first year fee. When you add in lounge access for you and up to two of your guests, you’ve added another $400+ in value. One more benefit worth mentioning is the fourth night free for any four-night hotel stay booked through Wagonlit Travel. And lastly is the $100 statement credit when you sign up for Global Entry and pay for it using the Prestige card. Don’t forget the ever-growing number of airline transfer partners that work with the ThankYou points program.
- $250 Air Travel Credit each year
- Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $3,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Points are redeemable for an $800 flight on American Airlines or US Airways®, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
- Transfer points to a variety of travel loyalty programs from airlines to hotels.
- Earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases