For those of you living on the west coast or anybody with easy access to Hawaii, the Hyatt card offering two free nights after first purchase is a steal in my book, even with the $75 sign up fee.
Granted I am in a suite courtesy of the Diamond status, but here are some sample room rates. A non suite oceanfront room has a AAA rate of $571 per night. The suite adds $200 more. Rack rate is $870 for oceanfront room here.
So my math is 4 nights at $571 = $2,284 (not that we would ever spend that much) for 2-$75 application fees and 2-5 points off your credit score. Somehow I gotta figure how to keep my Hyatt Diamond status. It runs out tomorrow based on my comped status of one year ago. I’ve been told no more status matches available.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)