The first indications I’ve found regarding the continuation of our 50,000 per year gravy train are not good. In the past we could sign up for one personal and one business checking account and debit card and receive 25,000 Continental miles for performing the minimal tasks associated with the offer. I found a 2011 web page and the terms are significantly different.
It appears now that the debit card/checking account combo pays 2,500 miles per debit card with a limit of three additional users per account. That would be 10,000 miles for $100 in debit card fees. I have not found new info for 2011 for the business account yet.
I am assuming this information to be the latest as the copyright info in the lower right hand corner of the page and the terms and conditions page show the year of copyright as 2011.
Here is the
link (link expired) I found.
I hope someone can prove me wrong and we find a comparable offer for 2011.
Update Greg sent me the link with the defininitive answer “NO” about the third paragraph down. Oh well. Nice while it lasted.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)