Our band of brothers comes through again. It seems many of you received emails today with a better Continental One Pass Card offer than I have had on the blog. The new offer is 50,000 miles after first purchase and no first year fee. Thank you very much for passing the information along.
This is tough to turn down now, but keep in mind that the Continental Mileathon promotions begins on February 1st, and your application then will earn more miles in the promotion.
Here is the
link (offer expired) for the 50,000 mile offer. It also includes the First Checked Bag free and the Lounge Passes on the anniversary.
I have removed all the ads on the blog for the 30,000 mile offer except the one in the right hand column which I am contracted to keep up.
Be sure to make screen shots or print the 50,000 mile offer when you apply. It is quite the bonanza week with the nice American Express/Delta transfer offer as well. Happy travels.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49