I updated my SPG primary card (my old card was worn out and not working always) and decided to listen to Hilary’s full spiel for a change. After she rattled off the new T&Cs for the SPG card, she indicated I also had the Premier Rewards Card and was eligible for 5,000 Membership Rewards (MR) points for adding the “extended payment option”. There was no charge, no fee, and the points would post in 6-8 weeks. I took the points without hesitation.
Katy got the extended payment option when she got the card (bad choice as she got no points). I canceled it on her card immediately and then called back to try and get the 5000 points for the offer. They would not put it on her card and said she declined it at the time she signed up for the card???? Hello? I just canceled it 5 minutes beforehand. Guess their computers don’t show it was actually on the card.
So now I’m on the lookout for the offer on her Premier Rewards Card, and you should be for yours as well. 5,000 points for 5 minutes is a nice rate of pay. I will be calling the number on the back of her card every month or so until it appears. Or maybe it will show up on the “summary of accounts” page on the Amex website.
I originally called the activation line to get the offer so you may need to find an activation sticker or use my activation number to make the call: 1-800-362-6033.
It never hurts to ask and 5,000 Membership Rewards points could be your prize. I like free points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95