I updated my SPG primary card (my old card was worn out and not working always) and decided to listen to Hilary’s full spiel for a change. After she rattled off the new T&Cs for the SPG card, she indicated I also had the Premier Rewards Card and was eligible for 5,000 Membership Rewards (MR) points for adding the “extended payment option”. There was no charge, no fee, and the points would post in 6-8 weeks. I took the points without hesitation.
Katy got the extended payment option when she got the card (bad choice as she got no points). I canceled it on her card immediately and then called back to try and get the 5000 points for the offer. They would not put it on her card and said she declined it at the time she signed up for the card???? Hello? I just canceled it 5 minutes beforehand. Guess their computers don’t show it was actually on the card.
So now I’m on the lookout for the offer on her Premier Rewards Card, and you should be for yours as well. 5,000 points for 5 minutes is a nice rate of pay. I will be calling the number on the back of her card every month or so until it appears. Or maybe it will show up on the “summary of accounts” page on the Amex website.
I originally called the activation line to get the offer so you may need to find an activation sticker or use my activation number to make the call: 1-800-362-6033.
It never hurts to ask and 5,000 Membership Rewards points could be your prize. I like free points.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)