A reader sent me this link to a Flyertalk thread that has a $100-off flight and one-night hotel stay packages on Expedia from Germany.
Use expedia.de and then “Click and Mix” for the flight and hotel packages.
Key German words:
The “Coupon Box” on the last page is “Gutsheine”
The total price must be slightly over 78 euros to use the coupon.
So we now have about 5,000 blog readers competing with 320,000 FT members for the deal. LAX-LAS, SFO-LAX would be a great itinerary for this one. Have each person do their own booking and only take the rooms for part of the trip. Person one buys flight and first night’s room of two nights and person two buys flights and only takes the room for second night of the trip.
Most of the details are in the FT thread
Have fun. For me, SAV or HHH are way too expensive for only a $100 discount.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49