A reader sent me this link to a Flyertalk thread that has a $100-off flight and one-night hotel stay packages on Expedia from Germany.
Use expedia.de and then “Click and Mix” for the flight and hotel packages.
Key German words:
The “Coupon Box” on the last page is “Gutsheine”
The total price must be slightly over 78 euros to use the coupon.
So we now have about 5,000 blog readers competing with 320,000 FT members for the deal. LAX-LAS, SFO-LAX would be a great itinerary for this one. Have each person do their own booking and only take the rooms for part of the trip. Person one buys flight and first night’s room of two nights and person two buys flights and only takes the room for second night of the trip.
Most of the details are in the FT thread
Have fun. For me, SAV or HHH are way too expensive for only a $100 discount.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95